Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bio/Profile/Intro

1) Who are YOU? (Your DAI Major Study/Emphasis/Concentration; Interests; etc…)

I'm a Design major at SFSU, Interdisciplinary. I've focused on digital media and game design. I like to experiment with rules and systems and see what sorts of behaviors pop up when it's implemented.

2) What Inspires/”WOWs” YOU?

Complex behaviors rising from simple rules and the emergence of a meta-game in a community inspires me. Small independent game developers making it big, even if their games are aesthetically unpleasing also inspire me, because it reminds me at some of my more cynical moments that people like good gameplay, even if its presentation is primitive or unprofessional.

3) Who, or What are your influences?

From video games, I'm very interested in the works of Shigeru Miyamoto and Valve Software. From a traditional game standpoint, I'm interested in role-playing games and lately, European board games, especially ones from Germany.

4) What is your Vision or HOPE in your life(time)? (academically; professionally; and/or socially)

I'd like to become a game designer. Traditional or digital doesn't matter so much to me. I'd like a steady and consistent schedule so I can plan my life more easily. I don't care about getting rich, but I'd like to live comfortably and not have to worry about money.

5) Post an Image(s) that Best represents YOU and/or Your Vision(s)


6) Provide Six (6) “Key Words” that best describe YOU

Passionate, planner, organized, dynamic, knowledgable, focused

1 comment: